At Ae Insurance Brokers Limited, we are aware of the trust you place in us when you buy our services and our responsibility to protect your information. This notice describes who we are, why we need to collect your information and how we will use it.
We will tell you who we share your information with and how we use it to improve the service we provide to our clients.
Why we need your information
We will use your information to give you quotations and manage your insurance policies, including claims handling and risk management.
Your information comprises all the details we hold about you and your transactions and includes information we may obtain about you from third parties.
We will only collect the information we need so that we can provide you with the service you expect from us. We will keep this information for as long as we need it to provide the service, manage our business or as required by law.
From time to time we may need to change the way we use your information. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we will write to you. When we do so, you will have 60 days to object to the change but if we do not hear from you within that time, you consent to that change.
Who we will share your information with
Ae Insurance Brokers Limited may arrange various insurances on your behalf.During the course of our dealings with you, we may need to disclose some of your information to insurers, third party underwriters, reinsurers, credit reference and fraud prevention and law prevention agencies, Motor Insurance Bureau, Employer’s Liability Tracing Office and other companies that provide services to us or to you, such as, Loss Adjusters and Claims Investigators, to:
- Assess financial and insurance risks
- Recover debt
- Prevent and detect crime
- Develop our products, services, systems and relationships with you
- Understand our customers’ requirements
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such businesses or assets. If Ae Insurance Brokers is acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets
Keeping you Informed
As a client we would like to keep you updated about other relevant products and services. More information about the types of product we offer is available at https://www.aeinsurancebrokers.co.uk/
We may contact you by post, email, text and telephone. You have the option to decline further marketing information from us known as an ‘Opt Out’.
Some of the personal information we ask you for may be sensitive personal information, as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 (such as information about health or criminal convictions). We may also ask you to provide sensitive information about other people including your employees. Please ensure that you have their agreement before providing information to us. We will not use such sensitive personal data about you or others except for the specific purpose for which you provide it and to provide the services described in your policy documents and our Terms of Business.
We keep information securely and sensitive data is protected by security software and encrypted during electronic transmission.
Credit Reference Agencies
AE Insurance Brokers Limited may carry out a search when any application for insurance is submitted. This is done using public data to evaluate insurance risks and no financial information is reviewed as part of this process. There is no visible credit footprint and after 12 months is automatically deleted.
Use of ‘Cookies’
Session Cookies are used to remember details during a single visit to our website. They expire as soon as you leave the website. These Cookies are necessary to the working of the website and if they are disabled, various functions may not work to your satisfaction.
Persistent Cookies are used for analytics and reporting and are used to ensure the website works correctly for our clients. It also helps us understand how the site is being used in order to improve your experience. User data is anonymous.
Our website operates an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you do not agree, then you should either not use the site or you should delete the Ae Insurance Brokers Limited Cookies after using the site. Your browser does have the facility of using any website with anonymous usage setting.
Dealing with Retail Clients
It is our policy to deal with your spouse or partner provided they are named on the policy. If you would like someone else to deal with your policy on your behalf on a regular basis, please let us know.
Any individual whose personal information we hold, has the right to:
- Object to us processing it. We will either agree to stop processing or explain why we are unable to (the right to object)
- Ask for a copy of their personal information we hold, subject to certain exemptions (a data subject access request)
- Ask us to update or correct their personal information to ensure its accuracy (the right of rectification)
- Ask us to delete their personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose (the right to be forgotten)
- Ask us to restrict the processing of their personal information in certain circumstances (the right of restriction)
- As for a copy of their personal information, so it can be used for their own purposes (the right to data portability)
- Make representation if they feel their personal information has been mishandled. We encourage individuals to come to us in the first instance but they are entitled to make representation directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk
- Ask us, at any time, to stop processing their personal information, if the processing is based only on individual consent (the right to withdraw consent).
AE Insurance Brokers Limited is unable to provide insurance in circumstances where to do so would be in breach of any financial or trade sanction imposed by the United Nations or any government or any governmental body or any regulatory agency.
Registered Office: 45 Westwood Road, Southampton, Hampshire S017 1DH
Tel: 02380 558200